Nowadays, one needs to be skilled in many fields of qualification. This considers degree programs, technical-vocational education and other related courses.Unisma To meet the conditions of a tech-voc education, one must enrol in a Technical-Vocational Institution where programs can be acquired for a short period of time.
Below are the seven benefits one can get from taking technical-vocational education:
1. TECH-VOC HELPS AN ENROLLEE SAVE TIME, MONEY AND ENERGY. One who takes technical-vocational education can save resources like time, money and energy. It incurs less expense hence it takes him only 3 to 6 months of schooling.
2. IT CAN PROVIDE SELF OR WAGE EMPLOYMENT. A technical-vocational graduate may be capable of landing a job through self and wage employment. A self-employed individual can utilize his time, capital and material resources to earn income for his family. His earnings depend on how he commences quality outputs maximizing available resources. A wage-employed individual can serve a public or private commercial establishment that needs his technical expertise.
3. IT ENHANCES ONE’S TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES. Practicum and on-the-job training activities are provided by tech-voc institutions on a regular basis. Anyone who wants to upgrade his or her technical capability using state-of-the art equipment, machineries and tools should visit the nearest tech-voc institution.
4. IT MEETS THE DEMANDS OF WORKING INDUSTRY
Local and international industries are booming. The demands of working industry are met through the provision of graduates of technical-vocational education who are equipped with the knowledge, skills and proper attitude needed in the field.
5. IT ADOPTS THE PRINCIPLE OF EARNING WHILE LEARNING. A tech-voc education implements training cum production guidelines. Adequate outputs are expected from the trainees to be sold to clients. Like in Shielded Metal Arc Welding, construction of window grills are continuous and are offered for sale, where a certain percentage is given to the students as incentive.
6. IT DELIVERS COMPETENCY-BASED TRAINING (CBT). This is an individualized and self-paced learning. If competencies are already met by the trainee, he or she can move to higher level of technical skill.
7. TECH-VOC ALLOWS RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL). Employment and experiences of a trainee is recognized upon entry to a tech-voc institution through demonstration, written examination and oral questioning. Qualitative results of these observations determine the duration of one’s training hours.
The above-stated beneficial information could help out-of-school youths, workers, professionals, high school graduates and other community members develop their interests in taking technical-vocational education. It provides a clear understanding on how tech-voc facilitates the attainment of one’s educational and career goals.